- Dinner together with over 200 people of different faiths and cultures.
- The purpose is to promote understanding among different faiths and cultures through dialogue and promote harmony within Australian society.
- Food served will be vegan and drinks non-alcoholic.
- Repeat of “I’ll Dine With You” held in February 2016 in Melbourne CBD and organised by The Interfaith Centre of Melbourne.
- Date/Time: 1 September 2016, 6pm
- Venue: Zee Cheng Khor Community Centre, Clayton (map)
- Organiser: Zee Cheng Khor Moral Uplifting Society
- Co-organisers and advisors: The Interfaith Centre of Melbourne
- Sponsors: Victorian State Government, Victorian Multicultural Commission, Loving Hut, and Sikh Interfaith Council of Victoria
Online registration and payment
On a sunlit evening in February over 200 people of different faiths and cultures came together for a wonderful evening of fun, great music, conversation, and delicious vegetarian food at an open air Dinner in the City Square, Melbourne, seated at a 60 metre dining table for the inaugural event, I’ll Dine With You.
Reverend Helen Summers, founder & director of The Interfaith Centre of Melbourne envisioned this innovative interfaith initiative to promote intercultural understanding and respect. Guests met new people, had meaningful conversations about themselves, their cultures, their family upbringings and celebrated the success of a culturally diverse Australia. Tremendous goodwill was generated amongst those who attended this Dinner, many new networks and friendships were established and some participants wished that this initiative could continue!
ZEE CHENG KHOR MORAL UPLIFTING SOCIETY INC is proud to respond to the call of action and brings this event to Clayton on 1st September for residents in Clayton and surrounding suburbs to enjoy a delicious Vegetarian Dinner and experience lots of fun at, “I’ll Dine With You in Clayton”.
We want Clayton to be the first suburb to embrace this exciting and innovative path towards racial and religious harmony based on positive personal intercultural experiences.
You are invited to join this community building and interfaith initiative by booking your seats with your friends and family via Eventbrite at a minimal cost of $15 each plus booking fees.